Sunday, December 04, 2005

My new friend

I have a new friend in Ljubljana: Tatjana. She is incredibly funny and makes crazy pieces of art. Right now, she's working on a jigsaw puzzle of dinosaurs in scenes from the life of Christ. She has one with Christ as a Tyrannosaurus carrying a cross, and another with Mary as a brontosaurus standing over a gigantic dinosaur egg. She illustrated a calendar of people fucking in front of major Slovenian monuments; her parents didn't talk to her for a year-and-a-half after this came out.

She has the bizarrest sense of humor, which really has been a boon. One night, I was telling her the story of my first open-mouthed kiss, which revolves around going to get ice cream with some Miss Teen Arkansas runner-up in Hot Springs. At the end of the story, she says "But, did you ever get the ice cream?!" The story of her first open-mouthed kiss is absolutely bonkers!

At the expat Thanksgiving dinner, some overly hyped duded from New Hampshire asked her how we knew each other. She says, "We were dancing," then goes back to her soup.

While watching this interminable movie on MTV Adria on World AIDS Day, she says "This is good editing. I need to know everything that happens to these people."

On being extremely pale, she says "This skin has no dignity."

On getting things done:
Me: What's going on?
Her: I'm bored and boring.
Me: Hmmm, a self-fulfilled prophecy.
Her: Yes, I did it to myself.

Finally, when I tell her I think she's funny, she says "This is good. No one thinks I'm funny in my language."

It's like having a really good improv partner who makes you tea and polenta.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

school_of_hits, I was just passing by on my search for things about Search Engine Optimization on
the Net, and dropped in on your blog. I was looking for stuff for my Search Engine Optimization site. Not
sure that your blog was exactly what I needed, but I enjoyed my visit all the same.

Tue Dec 06, 05:17:00 PM UTC  
Blogger J Wilson said...

Well, fuck! Thanks a lot for commenting about it. Now, I can't erase that jack-off's sell.

& I look forward to learning more about the future hits of yesterday. Maybe some of those songs will be my friend too...

Maybe you'll try to convince me to buy some albums I'm interested in buying...

Wed Dec 07, 04:38:00 PM UTC  

Post a Comment

<< Home