Thursday, November 24, 2005

Top 5

I made an error in my Slovene in my latest column. I asked my editor to read it, but I don't think he caught it. I had an East Asian moment and wrote "vreci," instead of "vleci." A very weak slight, but it changes the meaning of the sentence so much...well, it's no longer as funny as it should have been. (Good thing I didn't write "vleči." That's the infinitive form of "to give a blow job.") Anyway, these are the little details that plague me. Not that big details don't, but I can maneuver around them easier; big details have no agility. Verbally, there is nothing worse than posturing to be clever and ending up dumb. So:

Top 5 pet peeves or irritants in your life...

I realize that this post runs counter-clockwise to Thanksgiving. But, Thanksgiving can be pretty irritating too. Regardless, Happy Thanksgiving all.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving! You should crash somebody's family dinner. I know I am.

1. People who load toilet paper rolls so that it feeds from below
2. Bad parking jobs that take up 2 choiciest parking spaces.
3. Pop singers who aren't hot or talented
4. Newspaper websites who have interesting articles, only to cockblock you from reading them by requiring a subscription or sign in process.
5. People who tell you what to do, or what you cannot do

Thu Nov 24, 05:02:00 PM UTC  
Blogger J Wilson said...

Hmmm.

1. Dreadlocks on non-blacks
2. The scene in "Cosmopolis" where Don DeLillo tries to write a rap!!!
3. People who think playing games are childish
4. Girls who won't have sex on their period
5. Freezing rain...anywhere, anytime

Mon Nov 28, 04:51:00 PM UTC  

Post a Comment

<< Home