Friday, December 30, 2005

Music Lists

9 Favorite Albums of 2005

Danger Doom - The Mouse and the Mask
Atmosphere - You Can't Imagine How Much Fun We're Having
M.I.A. - Arular
Architecture in Helsinki - In Case We Die
Beck - Guero
Animal Collective - Feels
Lemon Jelly - '64-'95
Bloc Party - Silent Alarm (Grrrr...I know)
Kanye West - Late Registration (duh)

10 Favorite Songs of 2005

Sally - Thank God for Sunglasses
CYHSY - The Skin of My Yellow Country Teeth
Thee More Shallows - 2AM
Stereophonics - Superman
Spoon - Sister Jack
Ladytron - Destroy Everything You Touch
Bloc Party - Pioneers
Jenny Wilson - Love Ain't Just a Four-Letter Word
The Nein - Courtesy Bows to New Wave
Xiu Xiu - Bog People

2005 Live Shows that Rocked

Woven Hand at KUD
Xiu Xiu at KUD
The Notwist at Channel Zero
The Hives at Krišanke

Fucking Musical Annoyances of 2005

50 Cent - He's the fucking Nickelback of rap...a self-plagiarist
Nickelback
Nada Surf - I saw the 'Always Love' video on MTV Adria once, that song stayed in my head all year
Klemen Klemen - Slovenian "rapper". I've never heard him; He just gets pissed drunk and irritates me at bars
The Pussy Cat Dolls - Where do I begin with this one?! They're the anthropomorphism of Los Angeles
James Blount - As if David Gray weren't bad enough...Jesus
Caribou - Played at Orto. I got distracted and missed it. Kicking myself hard.

8 Comments:

Blogger Ashbloem said...

I love you for this post.

FUCKING GUERO, DUDE. What an album.

Fri Dec 30, 07:55:00 PM UTC  
Blogger David said...

listened to atmosphere last night. nice.

Sun Jan 01, 11:09:00 PM UTC  
Blogger Ashbloem said...

Also, I told you I saw the Hives here, right? They were awesome. I want to go again.

Mon Jan 02, 03:42:00 PM UTC  
Blogger pupil said...

I used to work for the Nada Surf singer's mom. No joke. I was her research assistant.

Tue Jan 03, 04:39:00 PM UTC  
Blogger ¡OptimoAsiatico! said...

Listening to Ladytron brings up images of you with a huge goofy grin on your face, in Tombstone, singing along..."destroy me. this way..." Now that I am sober and thinking about it...that was quite odd.

Wed Jan 04, 04:17:00 AM UTC  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Sat Feb 03, 12:42:00 AM UTC  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Wed Mar 07, 05:19:00 AM UTC  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Thu Apr 26, 03:11:00 AM UTC  

Post a Comment

<< Home