Friday, November 11, 2005

Jetlag

I have now slept 25 hours in two days. This is disturbing the feces out of me. I can't believe I'm having this allergic reaction to being outside the CEDT for only a month. It reminds me of the time Josh and his wife came to visit Ashlee in Amsterdam. I was hoboing around Europe and we happened to coordinate a group hang at her place. Josh slept the entire time. We couldn't get him to do anything. It was sad...critically so. I eventually went to Paris and brought back my French girlfriend, because Josh was such a housecat.

It gets dark around 5 o'clock here. I have no idea what time sun-up is. None whatsoever.

So, last night, I reintroduced myself to Slovenian social life by going to Tombstone for 3 pints of Laško. My friends Samo and Ana met me and we played catch-up. Samo is finishing his driver's exam. He's 28. Ana just passed her math exams. She got a B. Then it was off to Metelkova. There was a Belgian trip-hop band playing at Gromka. They were good. Portisheady. Live drummer. Some girl I'd seen in town once or twice convinced me to go to Gala Hala for a DJ set that lasted till 5 AM. The dancing was fun. I got a solid workout. And scoffed at Slovenian moves. At one point, I pulled down a shot of vodka and thought that was probably a good sign to go home. But I did not. Ended up at Ajda, ordering pleskaviča. Will I NEVER learn?

Woke up around 10. Realizing that 4 hours of sleep is not enough, I went back to bed. That nap turned into something else. I eventually got up around 4. Took care of some necessary hygiene matters, namely a thorough soaking and scrubbing.

I feel good, but still tired. I think I'll grab a pizza at Foculus. Then convince myself that I should see sunlight some time soon. If I'm not active by 11AM tomorrow, someone should give me a ring. That'll be 5AM for most of you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home